Here is this month’s post for the “Recipe of the Month” series. Spending money on ready-made food and ingredients can be one of the largest expenses in your budget. My household has the mainstays that are generally budget-friendly, tasty meals that don’t make you feel deprived in the slightest. My goal with this series is to share my cost-effective go-to recipes that couples and families will enjoy.
November 2017 – Recipe of the Month
Hearty Crockpot Beef and Veggie Soup
a satisfying meal that will leave you wanting seconds!
Best time to enjoy – In the cool evenings by the fire
Servings x 8
|Peas x 1 can||$1.00|
|Red pepper x 2||$2.00|
|Carrots x 2||$1.50|
|Small potatoes x 4||$3.00|
|Onion x 1||$1.25|
|Beef broth x 2-12 oz. cans||$2.00|
|Chuck roast x 2 lbs.||$10.00|
|Seasonings – rosemary, oregano, chili powder||$3.00|
|Tomato paste x 1 small can||$1.50|
|COST PER SERVING||$3.16|
- Prep 15 minutes
- Cook 6 hours on high
- Chop red pepper, carrots, small potatoes and onion into small pieces
- Liberally salt chuck roast; sear on all sides – do not cook all the way through
- Use a crockpot
- Place chopped ingredients into crockpot
- Pour in both cans of beef broth
- Pour in tomato paste
- Stir in seasonings, about ½ tsp. for each or more, if desired
- Place seared chuck roast on top; cook for 5 ½ hours on high
- Pour in can of peas; cook for 1 more hour or until meat is tender
Serve with crackers or biscuits, if desired.
Enjoy, and share your thoughts if you try this recipe!
Follow me @fulltimedollars on social media and sign up below for updates via email. Talk to you soon!
Want More Recipes?
+ Subscribe to get more FREE recipes as they are released, some never make it onto the site!
+ Weekly article notifications that go out on Saturdays + new blog updates
+ Access to the freebie resource library once it goes live - for subscribers only
Original photo credit: Pixabay