Welcome to the second post in the “Recipe of the Month” series. Spending money on ready-made food and ingredients can be one of the largest expenses in your budget. My household has the mainstays that are generally budget-friendly, tasty meals that don’t make you feel deprived in the slightest. My goal with this series is to share my cost-effective go-to recipes that couples and families will enjoy.
October 2017 – Recipe of the Month
Seasonal Veggie & Ham Quiche
a satisfying meal taken from morning to night by adding a variety of seasonal fresh vegetables to this crustless delight. (Rhyming champ!)
Best time to enjoy: Morning or night
Servings x 6
|Large eggs x 12||$3.00|
|Pre-cut mushrooms x 1 pack||$3.00|
|Red pepper x 1||$1.50|
|Spinach bunch x 1||$2.00|
|Zucchini x 1||$1.50|
|Onion x 1||$1.25|
|Sliced ham x 1 small package||$5.00|
|Half and half or milk x 1 small bottle||$2.00|
|Shredded cheddar cheese x 1 cup||$3.50|
|COST PER SERVING||$3.79|
- Prep 25 minutes
- Cook 50 minutes
- Chop red pepper, zucchini, and onion into small pieces
- Chop ham into small pieces
- Place chopped ingredients, plus the pre-cut mushrooms, spinach, and ham in skillet and slightly pre-cook the ingredients until reduced, about 10 minutes
- Use rectangular baking dish, beat 12 eggs in dish
- Add 1/2 cup of half and half or milk to dish; mix well
- Pour pre-cooked skillet ingredients in dish with the mixed eggs
- Add salt and pepper; mix well
- Stir in 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes
Voila, serve with avocado or buttered toast, if desired.
Enjoy, and share your thoughts if you try this recipe!
Follow me @fulltimedollars on social media and sign up below for updates via email. Talk to you soon!
Join For More Budget-Friendly Recipes + Finance Content Straight To Your Inbox
Original photo credit: Pixabay